View Single Post
Old 11-08-2001, 10:39 PM   #8
Witch King of Angmar
Animated Skeleton

Witch King of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think I have made an error. Gandalf and crew went to the fortress of Barad-dur, that is what I mean when I say went right up to Sauron. The only problem with this is that I don't think, now, that Gandalf and the soldiers had a chance of winning the battle.

But then again I don't think thought they would win, he depended completely on the hope that Frodo and Sam would destroy the ring.

This was Gandalf's purpose for attacking Barad-dur:

Quote:
We have not the Ring. In wisdom or great folly it has been sent away to be destroyed, lest it destroy us. Without it we cannot by force defeat his force. But we must at all costs keep his Eye from his true peril. We cannot achieve victory by arms, but by arms we can give the Ring-bearer his only chance, frail though it may be.
Quote:
We must walk open-eyed into the trap, with courage, but small hope for ourselves. For, my lords, it may well prove that we ourselves shall perish utterly in a black battle far from the living lands;...

Witch King of Angmar as described at the Siege of Gondor