View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #104
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Maybe we're all a little rusty and need to remember the goal is to lynch wolves.
That might be true - and even if I was, at least on my mind, mainly trying to find the wolves, I really noticed the lack of playing the game in many situations (like reading the rules sloppily as the crown-jewel of it).

After sleeping on it, I realized there are actually three possibilities of handling the extra-vote. As it looks to be in the nature of Death Threads that they empower Brinn, let me use her as an example.

1. The extra-vote takes place at the DL, as the last vote by definition - so no matter when Brinn casts her vote or when we here decide it's going to be her, it will be the last vote on the tally (and here you see the two other options). On a positive note, it is clear and straightforward and gives the mod the minimum headache being easy to count in case of a tie. On a negative side it is a bit boring - well at last it doesn't give room to any added drama.

2. The extra-vote takes place when Brinn gives her vote (like in your example). That would add some hair raising unpredictability, or add flavor to playing tactically in the Dead Thread. The first would happen if Brinn would hold her vote to the very end, the second if she casts it early and we had time to think about its consequences vs. some other choice.

3. The wild-card version would be, that the extra vote takes place at the moment we have the majority aka. over half of us has empowered Brinn - whether she has voted already or not. That would actually be quite crazy in here. I mean we could really make sure that if there is a tie, our way will win it (it could be the first vote of the Day, if we thus wanted) - but it might mean we don't know where the vote we will empower would then go to. In reality though, I'm afraid it would just mean our extra-vote taking place after Brinn has voted, as especially when the number of people here grows, we're less likely to achieve a majority decision early on the Day.

But yes, I guess all version have their pros and cons, so I'm happy with any one of them. (And I might have forgotten something crucial from my speculation, so please do hS and Lottie also think them around once to see any flaws there.)

On a totally different issue.

So who do you think will make us company in a few hours? I must admit, I'm pretty clueless right now - to me the village seems to be full of wolves, so it's hard to see anyone as such securely innocent that I'd presume that person coming here - not to talk of having any seer-vibes or such.

Ok. Disaster-version: Mac actually is the Seer and is killed toNight because of the discussions yesterDay.

Another result that would make me disappear from the planet for a few lifetimes in shame would be seeing Legate here.

Did you notice anything the wolves might think as seerish in yesterDay's posting? I think I was too busy thinking different issues yesterDay.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote