View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #100
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
You're quite correct with the first one (I really know that from experience - the latest being partly this game), but that was not the reason I suspected you, and neither is the second one (which I think has more or less nothing to do with why people suspected you).

To sum up my suspicions on you, I'd say you were kind of overdoing everything. In the beginning it was the constant underlining of doing some elaborate tests on people, kind of overdoing something like "hey look at me, I'm sharp and doing good things for all of us, so do not lynch me", But the jumping through the roof with a weird conspiracy-theory was probably the thing which put the ball in motion. A wolf, or a gifted, might do that, hardly any normal villager (wolves and gifteds tend to be jumpier than innocents). I noticed it, but also thought it possible you're a gifted and thus went on in a low profile with it, well willing to fish out some reactions from you. But then you made that odd post no innocent should say - and that kind of did it for me.
I think this comes down to word choice again - 'this is a plan that could net wolves' and 'this looks like wolves out to get me' are both things I was thinking but probably shouldn't have been saying.

Quote:
Well, it's not exactly true that you suspected Form initially - at least you don't say that in the thread, if you did. You were engaged with him in a disagreement of the Day1 and its uses, and then you said you were seeing him more innocent than not. But anyway, that wasn't the main point of my suspicion. That was the oddity of saying: I suspected him + I have a bad judgement = I vote him. A wolf might slip like that writing stuff in haste, but an innocent wouldn't (well, you most clearly did, so I was wrong - but I hope you see why I saw it thusly and that why it is a reasonable thought).
Your confidence in my consistency is pleasant but misplaced. I was poking Form until he said something that sounded innocent, so in my mind (writing in haste + several hours later) I must have suspected him. As for the 'suspected + judgement' thing - there was a slip, but it was in thinking I'd mentioned suspecting him earlier in the post. My meaning was 'I suspected him, then I thought he was innocent (but people are saying I was wrong)'.

Quote:
Heh. That was actually a burst of most sincere frustration.
Well, now we know that. But you have to admit, getting 'genuinely' upset/frustrated is great cover for a wolf.

Quote:
I do hate it the most when a wolf and people suspect me for wrong reasons. That's so unbearable! It's almost as infuriating as hearing someone using bad arguments (in RL) on behalf of a proposition dear to you.
Right?!

Quote:
Well, this turned out quite a rant. But let's say that's it for my part: at least I got a chance to vent off all my leftover frustrations.
I think that's one of the best things about a Dead Thread, personally: getting to complain about being killed when it's still fresh enough to matter, to people who sympathise. (I mean, until the wolves start arriving; we all know what they're like.)

Quote:
Let's hope someone makes sense on Day3 so that we can give a double-vote that does something good.
Please. :-/ And if the wolves could kill the Cobbler and get Beast Hunted doing so, that would be great too.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote