Thread: The Veil Lifted
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 12:35 AM   #50
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The tall girl made her way over to the tree. She pressed her long fingered palm up against it's bark. Please don't let me fall.

She hesitated for an instant then attempted to grab the nearest branch. "Too short", she jumped up pulling her leg up against the tree while extending her arm again. This time she caught hold kicking her foot out into a knotted clump of bark she inched herself along until she was sitting atop one of the stronger limbs of the tree.

"Almost there", she half whispered to herself, closing the gap between them was easy. "I'm terribly sorry but it just occured to me I actually have no clue as to how to get you down from here".

She looked about thoughtfully, her eyes narrowing as a thought struck her. "I shall return shortly" while she climbed down the tree she slid half way down the rest abruptly stopping when her feet hit the concrete.

The girl recalled from the alley way a large folded lump of something that looked soft enough to fall on. She pulled it forward into the lamplight. It was a mattress.

After a couple of rough starts trying to pull it the distance necessary she finally edged it up to the tree. "It may be dirty but it's better then driving your head into the stone walk way".

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 11-07-2006 at 12:33 PM.