View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #582
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
1) When you have a folder on your computer named 'Werewolves'.

2) When you jump up every time you hear someone say anything vaguely Tolkien-related.

3) When you try to think of a way to subtly incorporate in a post that you have finished the Silmarillion, just so you will always remember the exact date.

4) When you know the screen-names of all members on the first and second page by heart, including their personal titles - if they have one. (Though this is not as obsessive as it may sound - I have an extremely good memory when it comes to names. No really!).

5) When, on a rather uneventful night, you start reading ancient threads to know what all the 'oldies' are always referring to. I must say, it was a revelation. It's quite unbelievable to see how many Downers, now greatly esteemed for their eloquence, used to type things as lol and u every once in a while (I shan't name names). And ha - he might hate me forever for this - but the guy who be short was so cute!

6) When you start writing posts like these, just to have something to say even though you are too weary to make much sense.

7) When a 'Downers MSN group' and 'Downs Time' sound strangely appealing.

I'm sure there are more points to come some other day.

--

P.S. I know, I know. I cringe when I read some of my earlier posts as well.

P.P.S. I am clearly guilty of all the above, with the possible exception of the first since I just saw it isn't actually called werewolves, but plain wolves.

P.P.P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
You've been awake for about 30 hours, you're dead tired and have reading to do, and you're still clicking the refresh button on the forums index.

You work on posts by saving them in your email so that so you can work on them while away from home.
Add those as 8 & 9.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote