View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #159
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Macalaure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
There's too much talk about the lovers. They have to be loyal to their wolves (once they know them), then they're back on the village's side once the wolf is dead. While the innocent lovers can be useful, they can also be problematic, so lynching them isn't that bad. However, children, with all the lover talk, don't forget that lynching a wolf is still much, much better!
That's all there is to say, so let's move on.

There's also too much talk about the false seer.
The Lovers and the false Seer are surely the two biggest complications of this game, not to mention the fact that the former could potentially lead us to their wolf-counterparts. Yet, you don't want them talked about?

Then there's this sequence:

Quote:
Wilwa's remark on Boro's "almighty Zeus" is a good one. It doesn't make sense, but it's definitely deliberate and not a slip. My bet would be a lover leaving a hint for their mate, except that that doesn't really make sense either.

You could make a similar case for Nerwen's "what the Hades is going on". If I were Persephone, I'd know who to pick first now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Mac - Makes sense, but also makes me raise my eyebrows a bit. Especially the following:So he's implying that Nerwen is Hades (ergo a wolf), but doesn't make a move to actually start suspecting her? If you think you've caught a wolf, why just mention it offhand instead of making a case and trying to get your supposed wolf lynched? Fishy, I'd say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
++ Macalaure

I have something on him, one argument that holds water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Also what Greenie said about Mac's remarks is something I had raised an eyebrow as well. Needs to think.
Quote:
I just skimmed some points against me. I did not claim that Boro is Zeus. My theory is that Boro dropped the name Zeus a few times to indicate that he is a lover, too, one of the three that need to find theirs. Having one or two lovers waste their first pick is bad, but worth having one be right with their first pick.

Greenie, I didn't really suspect Nerwen yet because I only made the comment that what I said about Boro can apply to her just as well.
Quote:
Boro
talks about Zeus. I remember Mith's opera-themed game, where he hinted to the wolves that he's the cobbler in his first post in a similar manner.

(...)

Boro
not buying his Zeus-explanation yet. Seen him do it before.

(...)

Nerwen
I don't buy her explanation either.
So there's two little oddities here:

1. It looks like Mac starts to suspect me only after being suspected himself for not doing so.

2. Um... what does he think Boro was trying to accomplish, exactly? Plus, he seems to have come up with his theory (which I don't understand anyway) after the event.

EDIT:X'd since Nogrod.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-26-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote