Thread: Rivendell RPG
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2002, 04:36 PM   #30
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

He felt so cold. Lost in oblivion, in the deep dark maze of his memories, memories he would sooner forget than anything else. The side of his face burned white hot, yet the skin around it and everywhere else on his body felt cold. Was he dead? "Mellome..." He called his wife's name in the dark, but there was nothing to answer back but his own ragged breathing.

"Keldin..." The faint voice seemed to crack the dark shell around him, the light poured in like the light off the Mallorn trees. "Keldin..." the voice came again, pulling him out of the unpleasant silence of his unconscious nightmare.

"I am here..." He mumbled, reaching his hand blindly to the light, shielding his eyes from the intruding rays of golden sunlight. "Right here..."

"Good." The voice yanked him for the last time, out of the dark and into the light of the day. "Are you alright? What happened?" The patient voice of his old friend Glorfindel talked quietly by his side.

He brought his hand up to his face and touched the bandage that was tapped to his face. "My scar. It hurt...and I could see her, oh goddess...I could see her." He trembled. "She's here." Keldin sat up, grasping Glorfindel's arm tightly. "She's here...and its all my fault that she-she's like the way she is. If I hadn't--if I hadn't those long years ago, she would have been happy...and Oh Goddess..." he shook.

It worried the Legendary warrior that his friend was so scared. That the guilt of so many years had finally caught up to him, leaving him in such a mess. The elf was strong, stronger than many elves that he had known and rarely did Keldin shed a tear or feel scared...but he had no idea how to deal with this. Elenna...where are you? He thought desperately, as he listen to Keldin's ragged sobs.

OOC.I got a plan for Keldin...hold on, 'kay?