View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 12:43 PM   #760
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
the lying, cheating, bullying, deceiving, manipulating and detective work that goes on in the game is what makes it such fun
And all that would continue. The last game is a perfect example. It was a very fun game, and on the last day, to make sure they bagged the final wolf, the villagers did a multiple lynching.
Quote:
No, but if all the players understand it, the multiple lynching strategy is likely to be used in every game where the conditions are right, which would be rather dull.
In other words, it would be dull if everyone got very good at the game.

I, personally, think it would make the game better, seeing as the wolves would know that they either had to kill the seer early or at least kill people that the seer is identifying as innocent. It would make for some tricky strategy. If there are two people that the wolves think might be the seer, and one of them seems to be saying that the other one is innocent, it would be a good bet to kill the one being declared innocent by the other one. That way, if they are the seer of the two then the wolves have killed the seer, but if the other person is the seer then the wolves have at least killed someone the seer declared innocent. And if the wolves are able to kill off proven innocents, it will keep the villagers from using the multi-lynch technique because there need to be proven innocents to make it work.

The more everyone knows about the game and strategies, the touchier the game becomes, meaning that everything the wolves and seer do must be done with more consideration, planning, and subtlety.

That sounds like a very fun game to me.
Quote:
I can see the game morphing into one where every player tries their best to confuse the phantom.

Quote:
As hilarious as that would be, it takes away from the point of the game
No no, it would just create a new point of the game.
Quote:
I see that as a very interesting idea, and I'd be willing to try it. I mean, we'd need to bend a lot of rules and such, but a game where every other player is trying to confuse the phantom would just be too good.
I'd be inclined not to play considering every player is against me and my defeat certain from the outset, but.... how could I disapprove of a game revolving around me?

Well, just go ahead and map the game out and pm me when you're ready to start (I probably won't be around much until late August, so that'll give you some time).
Quote:
I can add a chaser rule where, instead of becoming a wolf upon slaying, the cursed villager becomes the anti-phantom of the village
Well, there always seems to be plenty of anti-phantoms in each game without assigning someone such a role, though I'd love to have a role named after me.
Quote:
Seems to me that the games in which the phantom plays are phantom-centric enough without introducing special rules to make them more so ...
Ha ha!

I'd like to point out that there were definitely times in the last game that were not terribly phantom-centric.

Of course, those times were after I was dead- but they still count.

And speaking of things that are phantom-centric, is it safe to say that this thread has toppled into phantom-land?