Thread: Discord Server
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 01:36 AM   #9
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
In lieu of simply maligning those who are not fond of the Discord route, why not make a case supporting your opinion?
The tone of my first post in this thread may have been influenced by the ignorance (and it is complete ignorance) to take 2 lines of a wikipedia article and then declare some software completely unsuitable and something to be avoided.

Discord is one of the best and most popular way for internet users to stay in contact, you are able to make your own server which people join. The server can be invite only or public however you will need a way to advertise and spread the word of a public discord to get anyone to join, which would simply be a case of adding an invite link to the server on this site somewhere.

Each server can have multiple seperate subsections for different topics and the server owners can make as many tiers of moderator they want with different permissions, for example one person may be granted the permissions to delete posts from a certain subsection wheras another moderator or administrator may have permissions to ban users from the server entirely.

The thought that raids would happen or the discord would be flooded with trolls and trash doesn't seem reasonable to me, is it not the case that if any group wanted to they could just as easily come here and flood this forum with terrible posts? The a discord server is as open/closed as moderated/unmoderated as you wish it to be.

Although on second thought it probably isnt worth it as it would probably be an impossible task to get the current users of the site to switch to using a new software just to stay in touch in a way they can easliy do via these forums. However if you read this post and think discord sounds like an excellent way for communities to stay in touch with each other in safe and moderated places online for free then i fully reccomend trying it out and finding servers for things that interest you.

Last edited by Soriman the Whide; 04-11-2021 at 01:43 AM.
Soriman the Whide is offline   Reply With Quote