View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 05:01 PM   #384
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
What about - if you have time, have Ledwyn approach Brith at breakfast, and if not, we can see later.
I thought breakfast was the perfect opportunity, but it's certainly not the only one. So if the rest of you move on by the time I clear up my homework, I'll just find another way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I invented this project of sewing new clothes for the Meadhall residents, and I imagine all the household women who don't have a strict occupation (Frodides and Kara basically?) and who can and want to sew would be involved at least to some degree. And Saeryn herself would take part too? Folwren? I also just ralised I know very little of sewing and especially medieval sewing so I may need to do some research. Anyway, I think this would be a good excuse for the women to gather around and gossip - even though they of course have a lot of other things to do too.
Ledwyn would probably participate. If the clothing is fancy enough, maybe she can even get creative - in the jump posts somewhere I mentioned that she learned some rudimentary ME equivalent of macrame and possibly weaving, which would come in handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Thank you! I think she's a bit like Ledwyn - she has the potential to cause chaos...
In a completely not intentional way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I have given the Kings Guard a similar reputation to that of the Household Cavalry - the lower officer ranks acting as a bit of a finishing school for young males of the elite although also producing some truly outstanding and charismatic leaders. I will edit if there are objections.
I actually like that part a lot, Mith. I think it's a reasonable description, and a not entirely unfair reputation. It's a nice touch.