Thread: Late Nighter's.
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #25
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Very well put, Farael. I can see the difficulty in juggling 85 hours of school work a day. But that's not the work load that my friends have been trying to handle. I talk to people who have probably eight to ten hours of work to do a day, including classes, lectures, meetings, and homework. That's as much time as I spend at work. And they're having problems eating properly and sleeping enough and I can't figure out why. I don't plan on getting a degree in Science. If I get a degree in anything (I'm not even sure I'm going to college), it'll be in English or some sort of Business (I may become a secretary).

I think, for what I am going to be doing in college, I will be able to get my necessary sleep. I won't be visiting the Barrow Downs at 1:00 a.m. Whenever I stay up that late, I'm useless the day after. I'd schedule myself, and I'd hope to get some time here.

Of course, you just watch - I join college and I totally go against what I've been saying here. That would be poetic justice, wouldn't it? So far as I know, I really am intending to eat and sleep...but necessity may change ideas.

-- Folwren

P.S. Am I sounding like a snob? I don't mean to be. I'm actually venting a lot of frustration. Two friends have just recently cried on my shoulder (it's a saying) about how awful they've been taking care of themselves during the school year, how stressed out they are, how little sleep they've been getting, and on and on......I can't fathom it. But then, I'm not a college student.