View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 08:42 PM   #114
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Eye

"K.ill them! K.ill them all!"

The half-orc's roar from behind them spurred the elves to greater strength; there had been more than enough d.eath in the fellowship. Reynion, Talas, and Taurewen pushed to get themselves out of arrow-range before they found themselves studded with the black things. Unfortunately, Reynion couldn't exactly run, as his wooden leg was only meant to hold him in a standing position and allow him to limp to and from the Cage.

It fell off.

Reynion cursed, but Talas pulled him up and they continued. The brief pause was enough however that Rhtalk almost caught up with them.

CLUNK!

The wooden leg ricocheted off a sickly tree just ahead of the trio, and just missed Taurewen's head. A curse from Rhtalk followed hard after and Reyn turned his head. He wished that he hadn't immediately afterward because a rock joined the leg and curses flying after the fleeing elves. It missed, but the wind of its passing brushed his hair.

"Let go of me," he ordered the other two. "I can't throw when I'm being dragged along like a sack!"

He wrenched his arms out of their grasp, nearly falling flat on his face again in the process, and turned back towards the half-orc. He sighted, took aim, and let his dagger fly. Straight and sure it flew, and he allowed himself a momentary thrill of pride that this at least he could still do right. With a wet THUNK! the blade buried itself to the hilt in Rhtalk's neck. The black blood of the abomination seeped out around the blade, and the creatures following Rhtalk paused uncertainly with the d.eath of their commander.

"Now we can go," he said calmly, much more so than he felt.