View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 02:20 PM   #94
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gil was so caught up with killing orcs that he didn’t notice the troll until it was almost too late. The troll’s club whizzed into a tree two feet from his head “ That would have left a lasting impression if it had hit me” he chuckled to himself. The next blow he dodged easily and ducked behind the troll. “This only last until one of us makes a mistake. Oh Eru please don’t let me be the one.” he thought darkly.

Them he heard Ceros shout “Try and lead in into a clearing, the sun will shine upon it….” “ Not a bad idea” Gil thought. Then the long chase began. At first it was difficult staying one step ahead of the troll, but when some of the other elves had shot its eyes out it became decidedly easier. Just then Gilbereth noticed Reyn trip on a root and go down. “The troll’s right behind him, eyes or no, it will still kill him” Gil gasped in horror “Hey! You! Over here! Yeah you!” He shouted at the top of his lungs. It worked, and the troll followed Gil’s voice.

Gil had only his sword now, so he shoved it back into it’s sheath and began throwing rocks at the beast. After a while, it started off after another elf Reynion he thought, but it was hard to tell in all of the confusion. But then an arrow whizzed through the clearing, and into the creature’s side. "Hey! Yes you, did your mother drop you on your head?" He heard Taurëwen shout, and then the troll shambled off after her. Then, to Gil’s horror, she stopped. “The fool, she’ll be killed!” he screamed in his mind. But just as the troll reached out for her, it turned to stone. “Of course, she’s in the clearing” he told himself.

After the troll was killed, the rest of the group headed of to find Ceros and Ihwesta. When they did, it wasn’t a cheerful sight. “He doesn’t look good” Gil whispered to Arie. “The orcs may come back” he mumbled to no one in particular “ I’m going to go have a look around” And so he left the cave and entered the forest again.

Gil headed back to where they had fought the orcs; bodies lay everywhere. Then Gil noticed a strange device on one of the orc’s helmets. It was what looked like an eye, crudely drawn with red paint “I should probably show this to Ceros” he told himself, and headed back to camp. When he returned, he found that Ceros and Ihwesta were talking, not wanting to interrupt, he quietly sat down under a tree.

As he was sitting there, Arie came up to him "Gilbereth" she said. "I just want you to know that i am sorry for my bridge, im sorry that you fell in the water. If you had died it would have been all my fault." but their attention was diverted. “We can’t stay here!” Came the voice of Taurëwen, from the front of the cave. “I know,” Ceros nodded getting up, with a little help from Ihwesta. “We must leave quickly, who knows what other may attack.” “Are you able to continue?” questioned Arië. “Yes, I will be fine for now. Let us take our leave.”

When Gilbereth finally found a moment to talk to Ceros alone, He showed him the helmet he had found. “What do you make of this?” he said “I found it on one of the dead orcs” Ceros took a little while to reply, and when he did, his voice sounded concerned…