Thread: Itaril
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #66
tylerfh
Newly Deceased

tylerfh has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimturiel View Post
And who thought up this character anyway? She sounds like something a 13 year old would invent, trying to make up an idealised version of herself.
And ayway, would this movie - or any movie for that matter - really not sell unless it had a cheesy romance in it?
EXACTLY!!! When I read the casting call about Itaril falling in love with a young elf-lord, all I could picture was the screaming adolescent Twilight fangirls. *puts finger down throat*

If they reduce a part of the GREATEST FANTASY CANON EVER WRITTEN to that level, I'm sending some people to see ol' Mandos. If it's absolutely necessary to have a romance in the movies, cheat on the chronology a little and put in how Arwen and Aragorn met. Anything would be better...And if they're looking for side-plot material, there's plenty of stuff to fill up space: Smaug's attack on the dwarves, the dwarves' war with the goblins, the White Council, Sauron in Dol-Guldur, Gollum's capture by Gandalf afterwards...I could go on.

I've created a page on Facebook, and maybe if enough people join it will send a message to PJ and company:
www.facebook.com/Hobbit.Fans.Against.Itaril
everyone join if you want Itaril cut out!
tylerfh is offline   Reply With Quote