View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #451
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
A quick question - can you give me an estimate of how many women and children are in the slave escapee party? What would be a good number to assume?
Hmm... Well, should we assume that more men would have been able to escape, or more women and children? Perhaps more men were the 'force' in the escape, and so more likely to be killed or recaptured in the escape because they made sure the others could escape? Or perhaps more men escaped because they were 'stronger?' Or perhaps more men escaped because there are more male slaves working on the plantations? Or, vice versa (more women and/or children escaped for that reason).

I think anything can go. Perhaps we should say there are more women and children together than men, but men out number women?

We could say there are 37 women and children, and 23 men. Out of the women and children, 9 women and 7 children can and are willing to fight. Or something like that. Though I suppose it also depends what we determine 'children' are. What age makes a boy a man, a girl a woman? Perhaps as early as sixteen, considering??

I think I might be making this more difficult than it really is.