View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 10:02 AM   #444
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hilde, Durelin, Brinniel, ...

If no one objects I will do a short "generic" post that has Lindir lead our small band westward. The post will end as we approach the knoll where Athwen and the others are waiting. I'll wait till Saturday evening to put this up. That way, if anyone has anything they want to say or do before we arrive at the knoll, they'll have a chance to post first or at least reserve a save.

As it stands now, there will be no immediate attacks from Imak per his last post. (Given the state of several of our members, that is a lucky thing!) Lindir will be fairly certain that there won't be a mass attack but will still wonder if there might be a slaver or two taking pot shots at us. Fortunately, that will not happen.

Everyone (except the orcs who are patiently waiting)

Once everyone gets to the knoll, I am assuming we'll move out fairly quickly and make our way uneventfully to the slave camp. We haven't really talked or planned for what will happen once we get there. I am thinking we might want to talk about this a little on the discussion thread (not that everything has to be pinned down). Even if we don't spell out the specifics, it's nice to get an idea of the general outline of things.

Just a few random thoughts/questions......
  • What kind of reception will the fellowship get from the slaves and the leaders of the slaves---(hey, guys, give us a warning if you're going to drum us out of camp.)
  • Would there be any slaves arguing that the group should take off the next day without fighting (despite what Imak thinks) since the prisoners have been released, or would this not even come up in discussion?
  • Assuming we fight, what do we do to protect the children and those women who do not feel comfortable wielding a sword? Do we just find them a good shelter, or is there a role for "noncombattants"?
  • Presumably we'll have to set up some kind of "planning body" to decide on and carry out the various traps and decoys we talked about earlier...., and,
  • Who is well enough to fight and who isn't? Both physically and mentally! I have my doubts about some of those slaves.

Anyone else with thoughts on this or additional questions/ideas?

Secondly, I just wanted to tell everyone how much I've enjoyed the quality of writing in this game. Some really great stuff! I am looking forward (maybe that's the wrong word?) to pulling the slaves and fellowship together and then bringing the wild card--the orcs--into the equation.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 09-22-2006 at 10:09 AM.