View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 12:02 AM   #208
Childlike Empress
Wight

Childlike Empress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lenilos watched the thieves carry off not only his sister, but half the winter store of food as well. For a minute he couldn't do anything but stare at the horses' departing tails, then he ran toward the main house to get help. Halfway there, he remembered that no one was home other than him and his sister. He kicked a rock and ran back toward the barn. Looked like he'd have to just follow on his own.

He started to saddle his horse, but realized that if he wanted to sneak behind them and not be noticed, he'd have to go on foot. A horse would be too noticible. he quickly packed some food and supplies and started after them.

He followed at a distance until they left the trees and started riding across the grasslands East of the forest. Now what was he supposed to do? There was not a tree or bush for hundreds of leauges, almost to the foot of the Ered Luin. Where were they going, anyway? Osiriand? What would a bunch of men want in Osiriand? Nervously, he pranced from foot to foot. What was he to do? If he left the trees, they'd notice him for sure. Maybe he should have taken a horse after all, risked being noticed so he could ride up behind his sister's horse and grab her and ride away before the others could catch him. It was too late now though, he didn't have a horse and that was that. If only he could steal one of their's! They had a lot more horses than a group that size would need.
The decision was finally made for him. It was either follow them at a greater didtance than he had been so far, or stand here forever and let them go completely out of sight, even his Elvish sight. With a sigh, he started off carefully, slowly and quietly, hoping he wouldn't be seen.