View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #519
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Luriniel hurried into the room where Nienna was. When she arrived, she found Nienna fast asleep and the healer cleaning the wound.

"How long has this girl carried the wound?" the healer asked.

"I am not sure. It was not until four days ago that I learned of it and by that time it was very infected as you see now. My sister does not like to trouble me and so she kept the injury a secret."

"Do you know what caused the wound?"

"Yes. The injury was caused by an orc arrow."

"Then it probably was touched by poison. I will mix a poultice that will draw the poison out." as he began putting different ingredients in a mortar and mixed them with a pestle, he continued, "Apply this every three hours. When the wound starts to look less green and more pink, take the ordinary healing herbs and make a compress for it. If the wound does not begin to clear in three days, send for me again."

"Thank you." she said, removing some gold pieces and holding them out to him, "Take this for your trouble."

"Pay me when she is healed. I will be by as soon as I can to assure that she is healing properly. She needs a good bit of rest. I'll move her to the be before I go. Do not let her move about if it can be avoided."

The healer lifted Nienna and set her on the bed. Luriniel, who had turned down the blankets, was now tucking her sister comfortably in them. She walked the healer out of the Inn and turned to rejoin her sister. Just as she was about to leave the room she heard the new dwarf mention Vehil's brother.

Remembering how much Vehil had originally struck her as resembling Maikaalph, she walked over to them.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but I couldn't help but overhear that you were in search of someone. It leads me to wonder, Vehil, if you are perhaps related to the elf Maikaalp and if he might be the one you are seeking."