View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #517
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Newsman has just left Hobbiton.
Vehil looked away in an effort to veil his frustration. This was far from the response he had hoped for, it almost seemed like Nienna was tormenting him with this. Yet he turned and acted like nothing had happened, a faint smile on his lips as he reached into his pouch. "You needn't worry, I respect your secrecy." He pulled out a plant and tore off a small portion which he offered to Nienna. "Eat this, it will help."

Shortly after Nienna took it, Vehil could see the effects, her eyes were heavy with sleep. Just what he needed, it would make the job easier for the healer, it was always easier if the patient were sleeping. He thumbed one of his knives absent-mindedly. How easy it would be to simply cut her throat, he thought. Yet he quickly banished it, he had nothing that pointed to her as having anything to do with Maikaalph's disappearance. Besides, finding a dead elf and himself gone would make his search all the more difficult.

Once Nienna's eyes slid shut, Vehil quietly shut the door and moved toward the common room. He noticed someone go by toward the room who he assumed was the healer. The faint din of the common room grew louder as he entered. Luriniel shot him a suspicious stare, which he gave a look of ease in response to. She had nothing to fear from him.

Vehil headed toward the door to get some fresh air and try to figure out what his next plan of action would be. Yet a booming voice stopped him in his tracks. "Vehil! There's an elf I'm glad to see." Vehil recognized the voice and turned to respond. "Master Fain," he began as he headed toward the tables to the dwarf. "It is a great pleasure to see you. What brings you here?" Vehil asked.

"The same reason that you are here I'll wager, looking for your brother." Vehil sat down slowly, "So where should we begin?"