View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #497
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"'Tis alright, Lil. We'll be out of this place soon enough." Tom clutched his sister's fingers and tried to sound as if he knew what he was talking about. The truth was he did not know where they were. They had been wandering around the dark passageways for over an hour, and Tom no longer knew where the trap door was, or even if they were going in the right direction. He could not see even a tiny glimmer of light. Tom put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a stick of sugar candy. He broke it into tiny pieces and gave one to each of the younger children, telling them to sit close together and have a little rest while he and Daisy straightened things out.

"Daisy. Over here." Tom tugged at his sister, trying to keep his voice as calm amd even as he could, despite the frantic thudding of his heart. The words, however, quickly came tumbling out, "I'm not even sure we're in the cellar anymore. Grampa Toby told me that the Inn was built on top of another: an old rambling burrow with dozens of hallways and tiny twisted rooms. That Inn went deep into the earth, almost like a maze. I think we may have stumbled into one of those old passage ways in the dark. The truth is I can't go back because I don't know the way."