View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #458
MaskedNicci
Pile O'Bones

Location: At that in-between place between fantasy and reality - between grown-up and child.
MaskedNicci has just left Hobbiton.
She hadn't been seated very long at all, when suddenly a loud noise reached her keen and listening ears, and she barely had time to look up to see a mug of ale flying in her direction. Unable to stop the inevitable, she stood up in shock, staring down at the mess of ale quickly soaking through her traveling clothes. Alassė uttered a sharp sound of disapproval, her eyes darting around to fall upon the one who had may as well have walked over and dumped it over the disgruntled female.

The figure she had been watching came over and apologized 'for any inconvenience'. Alassė couldn't help but narrow her eyes ever more in distrust. It just seemed too coincidental that the innkeeper had 'accidentally' thrown drink all over her, just as the man she had been studying leapt up to eagerly 'lend a hand'. Turning back to her wet clothes, she gave a sharp intake of breath before swallowing what was left of her pride.

"I am fine. Or I will be, once I am dried." She let out a sigh, her tone as flat and strict as could be. Alassė desperately tried to subdue forward questioning and interrogation of either of them - an action that was clearly pushing itself foremost in her mind - and deal with the problem at hand.

She knew there wouldn't be other clothes she could change into, and delicately took the handkerchief from the man. "Thank you," she muttered under her breath, begin to dab away at the seemingly endless ale.