View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #454
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“A room! Aye, indeed, sir, as soon as you want it. And I can give you directions to Maggot’s. He lives down the road south*, several miles. You’ll see it. He’s got a lane branching off from the road, with a gate and fence by it. Beautifully kept lands. He keeps a couple of wolfish dogs, so make certain you stay on the road and approach his house by the lane.

“I’ll go and get your ale for ye.” He started away quickly, pattering over the floor and around tables as though he’d done it all his life. He stepped behind the bar and filled the mug full and foaming, and started back towards his customer.

He had almost reached the man when something happened to Dick that had never happened to him before. His eyes strayed upwards, drawn by the presence of a newcomer. His attention left the ale in his hands and the path that his feet took as he looked towards the elf who had just taken a seat. She was near the man he was serving and her eyes were slowly looking around her.

It was at the moment that his mind grasped the idea that she was actually studying the people around her as though she expected to see something suspicious that he bumped into the edge of one of the heavy tables. He stumbled sideways and his feet tripped around themselves, and Dick went plunging down towards the floor.

He gave a squeaking cry as the ale mug flew up and out of his hands. He didn’t watch where it landed as he concentrated on catching himself. But when he had shaken his head and slowly mounted to his knees and looked around, his eyes grew larger and his body froze.

The elven girl was standing up, her cloak and clothes soaked with the ale that he had fairly thrown directly into her lap. Dick groaned inwardly and paused before rising to address the problem.

---------------------------------------

*Still don’t have a map by me, so I may be wrong. Subject to possible changing.