View Single Post
Old 08-22-2000, 05:57 PM   #15
shieg

Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newly Deceased
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Project is still alive...

Thank you for the kind reception to my hasty ideas. If I had the computer know-how I would beging scanning the pages in. Perhaps we could agree to just tackle one set of myths like the tale of Hurin and his children and work just that set of stories into a framework that includes as much text from all the available works into a whole. If we are successful with that task, then attempt another chapter, such as the Children in Finwe or the Flight of the Noldor. Lets look at the parts and slowly assemble a whole.

As to the idea of meeting- of course in the flesh would be nice if we had the scanned material on CD and all were together for a major skull session over a weekend and if we only attacked one chapter or set of myths then I think it would be doable. I'm in Dallas- maybe if we find out where everone is located it maybe easier than we think. The getting together that is. If actually getting together is impossible, them perhaps online- hey that's why the internet was invented. Please email me with ideas, shieg@aol.com

</p>