View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #63
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
I'm completely with Nerwen and Morthoron.
Seconded!

Quote:
And, well, I just don't think Dwarves (or anyone else) could have actually cut the Silmaril. Also, the fact that it actually lay by a dead Dwarf...it just doesn't fit. If a Silmaril had to be anywhere, it would either be in Valinor or in the depths of the earth, unfound. I think that's where it belongs. *sigh* Don't take me seriously. I'm rattling nonsense.
I think you have a very good point, actually. I agree that it's unnatural for such a powerful thing as a Silmaril to just slip out of a story like that. A silmaril needs a more 'dramatic' end, that wouldn't really be an end, just more of a pause... well, now I'm rattling nonesense! But something grand like the end of The Silmarillion.

And another point on the same note: The way the silmarilli ended up were in the water, the sky, and the ground/fire. That creates a perfect balance. *Note to self: the Elven Rings were also lke that.* If you look at some early cultures, you'll find a similar balance of nature. If one of the silmarilli was to be taken away from it's proper place, the balance would be broken, wouldn't it? And Eru knows what consequences that could cause!