View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 05:27 AM   #286
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Because when you actually squeal, it sounds like "squeeee." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh, when I squeal it comes out like 'eeeee' (Very high pitched, and it scares the heck out of anyone in the same room ).<BR>Read an interesting article debating whether ROTK should win Best Picture or not...basically stocking up on spoilers and reading articles is how I am surviving.<P>The NO Person:<BR>'I've sat through both its dreary predecessors, kept awake only by the deafening volume at which the soundtrack was played...-the ring itself. Has there ever been an object in movie history that has been less worth giving a damn about?...On all levels, <I>The Bored of the Rings</I> falls short...In the Rings battle, it's more "Er who is fighting who again? And remind me what it was all about..."'<P>The YES person:<BR>'[FOTR] was pure magic, a three-hour justification for the existence of cinema...No one had any right to expect the second instalment to better the first, and yet it did, in every department. Where FOTR started with a necessarily long, hobbitish exposition ,TTT hurled us straight back into the most memorable episode of its predecessor (the heroes' encounter with the Balrog fire demon) but from a different perspective, in one of the most heart-stoppingly thrilling openings in cinematic history...TTT in particular perfectly demonstrated not just his [PJ's] extraordinary visual nous, but also his willingness to juggle several plot strands and to credit the audience with the intelligence to follow them.<BR>Of course this is too demanding for some [lol- a blatent dig at the NO guy]. As before, those with a fun-size IQ, a guppy's attention span and the<I>joie de vivre</I> of a JFK customs official will be hopelessly lost by ROTK, bless them...' (And so it goes on).