View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 09:20 PM   #51
Tinker
Pile O'Bones

Tinker has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oooo so many many moments. Pippin's singing. Aragorn's Black Gate speech. "I can't carry it for you...". "Go Home Sam" Oh yes. But these were by far the moments that I remember vividly after seeing that film a whole ONE time. (for now)<P>Is Samwise a moment? If not then here's a few from him:<P>"Don't go where I can't follow."<BR>"Well I'm back."<BR>"Not if I stick you first" (It's a cliche and I don't care!)<BR>"You don't mean that."<BR>Sam v Shelob..and orcs...and anyone else I've missed ("and he saw Samwise the Strong, hero of the Age...")<BR>:::frantically waves a flag bearing the emblem of the Samboppers ::::<P>The little sobbing choke in Merry's voice "I don't know what's going to happen." :::turns flag pole upside down to wave the Banner of the Merryboppers and S.A.M. :::<P>More than the song, Pippin's tears at the end of it. <P>"I didn't think it would end like this." Neither did I li'l dude ::::turns Merrybopper flag to reveal a Pippinbopper emblem on its other side ::::<P>At the Crack of Doom, Frodo turns, lowers on the Ring on it chain, walks a few steps away, and smiles. "The Ring is Mine." The Chapter Title "Hope Fails" never had so much meaning to me as it did then. <P>The look on his face when he's hanging off the edge of the crack,and the Ring is calling to him one last time. I almost wanted him to let go and drop, just so he wouldn't be in so much weary pain. <P>The look on Frodo's face, when it looks like the other Ringbeaers are going to leave, and he'll be left behind to continue suffering.<P>::turns flag over to reveal Frodo-psuedo-bopper on other side of Sambopper flag :::<P>Four hobbits, home again. And going unnoticed...for a PUMPKIN! :::twirls flag in true Pervy Hobbit Fancier fashion :::<P>Now for those Odd non-hobbit creatures:<P>Faramir: Since you are robbed of Boromir, I shall do what I can in his stead. :::sniff:::<P>Denethor's first lines: "Perhaps you've come to explain this. Perhaps you've come to tell me why my son is dead."<P>:::Cautiously sets aside Hobbit flag and waves another flag with "Denethor" and "FOR GONDOR" stitched into it. The Emblem of a Faramirbopper is on the other side:::<P>The Ride of the Rohrrim (If by poignant and powerful you mean had me:<BR>*Charged up and ready to fight with them,even though I've never ridden a horse.<BR>* Had me slouched in my seat grumbling Merry's book line "I won't be left behind. I won't. I won't." when I realized I couldn't.<BR>*Ready to run through the screen shouting "Death" at the top of my lungs, willing to fight anyway.<P>It's amazing how the sound of thousands of hoofbeats can inspire battle-madness.<P>Eowyn driving the sword through the Witch King's..umm....skull?<P>:::has no Rohan banners, hugs worn, stuffed imitation of Bill the Pony instead:::<P>Oh so many others, but that's what I remember for now.<P>Note: All flag poles are made from recycled Orc and uruk swords. I don't wanna be squished by trees.
Tolkienitis, GS Symptom #6: A suddenly developed obsession/aversion with jewlery, esp. rings of gold.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote