View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #36
Morwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Yes. Celebrían was captured while crossing the Mountains. But that incident was certainly noteworthy, enough so that it got a mention in the books. I have to think that if Arwen had ever been involved in a similar situation, or anything that would qualify as 'adventure', there would likely be a notice of it somewhere.
Instead, we are only told that she spent her time in Rivendell and Lórien, presumably because she had kin on both places.
Contrast that with her brothers, whose trekking about with the Rangers, in addition to going to and from Lórien, was duly noted.
But why does the possibility of Arwen traveling (aside from her Rivendell/Lorien trips) have to be equated with having an adventure? It's quite possible to journey without incident.
I could be wrong but I thought the point Elmo was making was that a Rivendell/Lorien journey could be dangerous and we are provided with an example of that.

Last edited by Morwen; 10-03-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Morwen is offline   Reply With Quote