Thread: LotR2-TTT-Seq09
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
In a decade or two you'll be shelling out some gold for the super platinum director's cut WITH additional never before seen footage!; then you'll remember your question.
You are precisely right. I will gladly shell out as many bucks as necessary for the extended extended super deluxe Lord of the Rings to end all Lord of the Rings set, or whatever they want to call it. And I will remember my question. Right now I only actually own the theatrical DVDs (and I only bought those used for eight bucks apiece a couple weeks age because I'm such a cheapskate), but I'm eventually going to get the collector's gift sets. Right now, I only have the extended editions because I'm borrowing them from a friend.

Quote:
Though I like the idea of the kids to see the up close and personal the horror of Saruman's hordes, but to be used as political pawns is silly.
I must concur.

Quote:
Theoden could go to Helm's Deep after calling out all those that will follow him later to Mundburg. And at the last they can come to Eomer's and Theoden's aid, and Gandalf could still be the morning star. Theoden could still express concern that he feels manipulated and ill-used, but this need not show in his choice of fortresses.
I think that would make a lot more sense film-wise and make us book fans a lot happier, but of course, we have to have Hero Aragorn overcoming impossible odds to keep the Deep alive, seemingly all by himself. After all, what were all those Elves good for but dying, in the end?

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote