View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #202
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So, who was Boro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Perhaps Boro outwitted the KMs and it was strictly a bluff (a risky one as he was Gifted, but still a very good one if it protects both Elendil and the dreams).
Well, the only gifted I could see pulling such a ploy that could lead to dying this early would be Amandil, which I could see potential hints for at the beginning of his first post (bolding mine):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Amandil revealing, I think, would optimize his role. Since for all intents and purposes he's an ordo, but if he dies then the next in Amandil's line (at this point it would be Elendil) would be revealed to a randomly selected ordo.
and here (boldding mine again):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Aye Amandil saying "I saw an innocent" or "I saw a KM" would also be the same as everyone creating an Elendil list. Either way, as long as it's done uniformly and consistently, that way there is no confusion with relaying dreams to Elendil then let's go with it.
However, the fact that he didn't take it further or counter-reveal could suggest that he'd be quite worried that it'd backfire, which I would normally expect from an innocent that doesn't want to get the real gifted killed. However, since we know he's a gifted, it's possible that he was worried about getting lynched/killed himself, which would make him most likely to be either Elendil or Anarion, but Isildur is also very possible. Let's hope he's the latter. I will look into this more when I return in a few hours.