View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #70
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Shield

Belegond now sat in the prancing pony surveying it for any worthy travellers. He remembered the following day. He had woken up to the sight of Duelen, standing with the other stolen horses. Bali had said that Kaldon had retrieved them. Most of the company were pleased and seemed a little kinder to Kaldon, but Belegond still didn’t trust him. Yanithë had also approached him that morning "So," she had asked him, "How goes it, my lord?". Belegond had smiled at her for she seemed very awkward, she also must of him staring at her for most of the night.

“My lady, I am fine, yourself?” he had asked.
“I am good….”
“You probably wonder why, I was looking at you last night, is that not true?”
“’Tis true.”

Belegond explained to her how his mother was a lady of Rohan, and how he had lived there once…..Belegond was interrupted at this point by Bali. He wanted them to ride now so they could reach Bree soon. Belegond turned to Yanithë, said farewell and went Duelen.

They had rode in silence mainly, and Belegond’s eyes were still upon Kaldon. By the time they reached the Prancing Pony it was dark and everyone was tired. Bali had briefed them all on what to was happen and told them all that tonight was a time to have fun, but also look for new warriors for the journey.

As he looked around the Inn his eyes fell upon Yanithë. She sat alone, near the back of the Inn, it seemed she was looking for people to recruit as well. Belegond walked over to her table and sat down opposite.

“Hello, My lady, I am sorry, I never finished our conversation”
“Indeed you did not, will you now?”
“Yes, I am intrigued by you, as my mother is from Rohan, I lived there when I was young. But I left, and I have never returned, not in many years. Rohan is one land that I do not travel in. That is one reason why I voted for the company to take the pass. How is Rohan these days?”

Belegond’s blue eyes looked into hers, would she think him strange for not wanting to go to Rohan, she might. But then she had not heard the full story.