View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 08:58 PM   #68
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Burzdol saddeled his night black horse and got up. He was singing in his head the song an elf maiden was singing the night before. Not long after he got bored of sitting there, so he decided to ride for a bit.

He found a nice little clearing with a single tree in its center. The elf practiced coming at it with his sword whilst on his horse. After that he decided to throw his knives and shoot arrows at the tree. I need any practice I can get. If we want to survive this trip we're going to have to be in top shape.

Burzdol spotted a little red through two trees. "You can come on out here Serello, anyway I want to teach you something."

The small hobbit walked into the clearing. "Yes, master Burzdol?"

"Do you have any weapons, boy?"

"No sir. I never had to use one before and I don't know how to use one."

"Hold on here for a moment," Burzdol rode for the camp. When the elf came up beside the wagon he pulled out his old short sword. He thrust it in his belt and went back to Serello. When he got there he taught Serello how to use the short sword. Burzdol lead his horse to a small stream and tied him up so he could drink and graze.

The elf watched the hobbit fight the tree. Burzdol took out the log he started to carve earlier. He worked on that while Serello practiced.

A call came into the woods for the two. With one final swing of his sword the hobbit joined Burzdol on his horse.

Hogar woke late. As soon as he got up he looked for Serello. He found the hobbit in line for Ani Dao's cooking. Phew, I thought I lost him already.

The dwarf went to talk with others of the party. When he looked up he couldn't find the hobbit. For awhile he searched only to find when a dwarf called, Burzdol rode out of the woods with Serello on his horse. The red haired hobbit clutched a small sword in his hannds. When Serello got off, Hogar went to him and fussed over him like a mother about running off from him.

When the dwarf stopped scolding, the two got packed up. Why did he run away. I am supposed to look after him, not the elf. Hogar glared at Burzdol who was in a happy mood. I'll get him and that stupid Bali, and if the half witted man Eruantalon tries to stop me. I'll get him too.

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]