View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 04:02 PM   #63
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Carlas's Post

Durin sat on the cool earth, watching the stars wheel around in their endless circle. The trees rustled about him, though it was not loud enough to cover the voice he suddenly heard singing. He got up as silently as a dwarf could and walked towards the singing voice. As he neared a small ledge, he noticed the elf, Ani Dao sitting on the ground, looking up into the star filled sky.He walked up behind the elf, but with her elven senses, she already knew he was there.
"Hmmm, your going to wake the whole camp, which not too many will be happy with. Do you need to sing a lullaby before going to sleep?"He sat down beside her, looking over at a small river flowing by, just below the ridge." I don't know much about elven songs, but I'm sure I've heard that one before." He looked over at her silently as she pulled her long hair away from her face.

Burzdol's Post

Buzdol watched the sunrise as it came over the horizon. He had been up for hours before the sun and gladly accepted its rays. The elf stood watching a wild group of horses running east. He had thought he had seen them earlier. My mind is playing tricks on me, probably just that I'm tired.

A few others awoke with the morning sun. Most were dwarves, which went to bed early. Then he saw others waking friends. Burzdol started a fire and put some meat on. Soon they were making eggs, steaks, and bread. All these and ale were given out to those who were awake. Some woke because of the heavenly aroma.

Burzdol let Ani Dao take over for a bit with the breakfast. His hands burn from handeling the ware. The elf poured a little water over his hands while he scanned the horizion. He for now was awaiting Kaldon's return to see what he had been doing when he left.

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]