View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #157
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
All right, had a look at the Gal-wagon.

Unless I missed something, the whole suspicion of Gal started with first Agan and then Lottie both accusing her of jumpiness. Pom agrees with them. Lottie momentarily backtracks when finding out Agan had the same argument in almost precisely the same phrasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I did notice something that G55 said earlier that reminds me terribly of a ploy I've used as a wolf - near the beginning, she tried to get people to drop the subject in a "okay, done, move it along folks, nothing to see here" kind of way. That much is just an observation, but I know it's something I've done as a wolf when I felt like too much heat was about to be focused my way.
Shasta comes up with a new argument against Gal, which looks more or less valid even though it's proven wrong now.

Bom then defends Gal:
Quote:
Nice G55 just seems to want answers and avoid misunderstandings (nasty, nassssty misunderstandings) to me - so would we, were we less busy reveling in the chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
G55 still tips my wolf-dar, partially because of the jumpy thing earlier (I know it's probably a pick-up from Agan's post, but that doesn't make it any less valid a point) and partially because her posts so far seem like they're contributing, but when you look closer, they aren't actually that helpful
Lottie returns to her old argument and adds a new one. I'm really torn about this. It would be kind of an odd move for a BN, this very open backtracking and then backtracking again, but then again, I could see an evil Lottie noticing how popular the Gal-suspicion was growing and deciding to follow it after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Gal. I didn't really mind her until her sudden and desperate interest in my list which is just weird. What does it really matter?
I'm not exactly sure of the validity of this argument. I mean, yes, it was kind of odd of Gal to focus so strongly on Agan's list, but I've yet to discover how it made her look suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
So, Galwolfriel, what are your plans for the Night?
This, I think, is a rather odd one-liner from Sally.

Quote:
Ah so we face the hard decision: should we vote for a suspicious-ish (and with day 1 reasons at that) loud player, or a submarine?

Personally I quite like to sink submarines, but once I've got it into my head that someone is suspicious, they will keep irking me until I know for sure.
Agan is agonizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Voting Potential:
Galadriel55: My suspicion is based on the arguments of Lottie, Shasta and my own initial annoyance. The jumpiness/many but not very helpful posts, mixed with the attempts to dismiss one discussion, whilst on the same time going on and on about Aganzir’s silly/serious post does present a case. That being said I she is right now the one I am least likely to vote for, because none of the above are very incriminating and because she has shown willingness to participate and move the debate forward (to some degree).
Rune effectively summarizes the case against Gal, agrees with it, and says he isn't likely to vote for her anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I don't recall ever seeing G55 mention the whole "dismissal" thing, even though I mentioned it twice. It may have gotten lost in the shuffle, but even so...

++G55
Shasta is the first to vote Gal. Not sure what the "dismissal" mentioned here is. Clarification please?

Lottie votes Gal next, x-posting with Shasta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I can see the merits of the G55 suspicion, though I also agree with Greenie that G55 has been a frequent target for the baddies to lynch. I might vote for her, though it seems too easy somehow.
Inzil is wavering...
Quote:
I feel your pain.
...and Agan agonizes some more. She also says she finds Inzil innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Bom or Galadriel. Opinions?
Sally agonizes too, except she doesn't look like she's in much of an agony.

Agan, finished with her agonizing, votes Gal. I don't like this vote a whole lot; I don't really understand Agan's point against Gal, and the timing of the vote as well as the hesitation before it look a little too convenient to my taste.

Zil votes Gal, too:
Quote:
Looks worse than Lottie, I hate voting Bom Day 1, and it doesn't look like I'll have any takers on Sally. I'll not waste my vote.
Others have expressed concern over this particular vote, and I can see why. It's very similar to Agan's, in both timing and the almost over-the-top hesitancy. I doubt they're BNs together, wouldn't be surprised if one of them is.

Sally, meanwhile, ends up voting Bom. This doesn't look any better to me than Agan and Inzil, though. In fact, I'm rather uneasy with how she first popped in that joking one-liner about Galwolfriel, enhancing everyone's image of Gal as a possible wolf; then made sure people know she might vote Gal, so the other potential Gal-voters knew their votes weren't going to be throwaways; and finally voting Bom instead of the more-or-less certain lynch Gal, so as to keep her hands clean.

Lottie and Shasta are the ones who seem most certain of Gal's guilt. This makes them look slightly better to me; though Lottie's double Legate-180 still makes her look fishy. Agan brings up new points against Gal, hesitates a lot, then is the third to vote her. Inzil is diplomatic and undecided and also ends up voting Gal at a crucial point. Rune is a bit like Sally (and I bet he loves the comparison) in that he agrees with the Gal case but doesn't go with it. His reasons for doing this look a bit better than Sally's, though.

Based on this, I feel worst about Agan and Sally, and bad about Inzil and Lottie.

EDIT: x-ed with Agan and Rune
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote