Old 09-03-2003, 12:35 PM   #2
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Nuinyulma smiled inwardly to herself- Aman seemed to have a way of almost
reading people's minds but how could she bring up the subject of her home. She
tried to think of an idea while sipping her water but it was very difficult,
especially as Tiruviel's (that was the name that she had heard) attention was turning back towards the man she was sat
with.

Then as Aman finally laid down the second of Tiruviel's drinks which, Nuinyulma noticed had taken a very long time to pour, she asked to the shy-elf.

"So, Nuinyulma- how is your water?"

Nuinyulma was slightly taken aback but nevertheless, she saw her chance. "Tis good Aman, though not quite as good as the water from home."

Tiruviel's attention turned. "And, if you excuse me for asking, where might home be?"

"Oh- its the Golden Wood. I left when Galadriel did although I did not follow her path. I was and am still not ready." With that Nuinyulma smiled at both and taking her drink turned to go back to her seat.

"Wait, my friend! If you are an elf of my kin, you must join us. I am Tiruviel and my new friend over there is Caranel. We have both exchanged stories and I am keen to hear yours."

Tiruviel walked over to her table and pulled up another chair. Then, smiling in thanks at Aman, Nuinyulma followed her and sat down. She nodded to Caranel and he did so in return with a look of keen interest in his face.

"So. What brings another she-elf to the Green Dragon? For tis unusual though there are many races that visit here."

"I come from Lorien. I left when Celeborn and Galadriel did- though as I said to Tiruviel- I did not follow their path. My name is Nuinyulma and I wander through Middle-Earth. I have no such purpose except to meet new companions."

"I have visited many places too," he replied staring Nuinyulma right in the eyes, "for I am from Ithilien. Tell me- where have you been?"

"I walked the paths of the land you speak of and of Gondor. I have ridden across Rohan, passed by the mountains and visited Rivendell- though it is empty now."

Caranel smiled at the two elves. "Well. What interesting people you are. You are both from the same wood and yet..and yet..."

"We are so different?!" laughed Tiruviel.

"Yes! That is it! And why is that? Or do I ask too many questions for a man?"

[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: elf-girl-63 ]

[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: elf-girl-63 ]

All that is gold does not glitter...