View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 11:15 AM   #464
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Well...Legolas mentioned your name to me as you came through..."

Araréiel didn't know whether to laugh at the transparency of his lie or to ask for more information. To give herself time to think, she picked up a spoon-full of her now-cold potatoes and took a bite. She didn't want him to know just how curious she was. But how to ask? She found herself rather enjoying the conversation. She glanced at him again and laughed, nearly choking on the food in her mouth. To help the potatoes go down, she pounded on her chest with a fist and took a deep breath, but a small giggle still escaped.

"Excuse, me, may I have more wine please?" she asked the passing maid.

Oh, this can't be right, this curiousity, this hope! I loved someone else, and Legolas was just a friend.... she thought. Loved? She felt confused, and... Did I only care for Legolas as a friend?

Turning back to Eryndil, she forced herself to be calm, trying to recall her upbringing and training to act collected, no matter what she faced. Yet her eyes gave away her eagerness, mixed with confusion, for more.

"Why did you remember me?" she said slowly. "My apology, but I just can't remember you there, yet you remember who I am. I'm certain that he pointed out more maidens to you that just myself."