View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #79
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tane didn't particularly want any more Rangers out than was already there, but he could understand Awyrgan's view; however, he wouldn't have him go alone and he told the Ranger as much.

Awyrgan immediately tensed. "I do not need a partner, Tane." He liked working alone, everyone knew this and Tane seemed to be pushing his bounds as leader.

Tane mentally sighed after the others angry words. "I know, but neither did Thorgil."

Awyrgan leaned back slightly and started at Tane as he continued.

"I don't want any exploring going on without at least two people together. I've also been doubling patrols that go into territory where hillmen have been spotted in the past. I wouldn't even go out alone. I have a feeling the hillmen are going to react against us."

Tane went to the table and shuffled out the map Thorgil had made of the surrounding area when he had first arrived. Several things had been added, including the settlement and current location of the hillmen.

"You can go along here," he moved his finger along the settlement and off around the hillmen area. "I don't want you to get too close to the hillmen though, we don't need another fight. If you want to go beyond or around, you may, but if you go here," his finder traced a line toward the west a bit, "you can meet up with the current patrol on that route; share some information perhaps."

Awyrgan nodded and traced a vague route of his own. "I was figuring to go round about this area."

Tane nodded his approval. "That looks sound. Now, for your partner, I want Thoronmir to go with you."

Awyrgan was about to retort again and try to get out on his own when Tane said quietly, "Please go with Thoronmir. I was going to reassign him regardless, but he has been out there recently. He could save you some trouble perhaps."

It was the please that stopped Awyrgan. Tane didn't want to loose another Ranger and it sounded in that word. Finally Awyrgan nodded and agreed even though he didn't particularly want to. Thoronmir wouldn't like being with a partner either.

Tane sighed inwardly and grabbed a blank parchment on which he promptly started writing. "Here is an explanation from me to Thoronmir though I'm sure he'll get your side as well," Tane smiled up at Awyrgan and handed him the now rolled parchment. They clasped hands and Tane wished him well as Awyrgan departed.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:09 AM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Kryssal ]