View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #420
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, a bit challenging to do without being able to sit down and draw things out, but here goes.

Thinking of the three marriages between Elves and Men and their female descendents, the answer that comes to mind is Aragorn's unnamed daughters, as they stand closest to such a marriage. Elwing would have a higher proportion but she is immortal herself. However, I don't even know where to start when counting Aragorn's daughters' Immortal. Do we assume Arwen to be full Elf, as she was one before meeting Aragorn, or Half-Elven by virtue of Elrond's heritage? Besides, Aragorn himself has an uncountable proportion of Immortal, as his ancestors between Elros and himself intermarried with distant cousins who also were of Luthien's line. Arathorn and Gilraen themselves both claimed descent from Elros. So depending on how you count everything, these women may have as much as 1/2+(uncountable but minute) Immortal, or as little as 13/32 + (same uncountable minute amount).

* Arwen's breakdown:
Elwing is 3/4 Immortal
Earendil is 1/2 Immortal
Elrond is thus 5/8 Immortal
Celebrian is Full Elven
Making Arwen 13/16 Immortal

How did I do without pen or paper to do the counting?