View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #222
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Sorry Mith never saw that. No actually it never was to do with anything LotR. Nilp and I were communicating while I was on holiday and when I told him I didn't tan he came up with that and suggested it for a PT if I was ever given one. That is why there's a wink at the end of his question:

It does sound quite LotRish though which is good!

LOL .... If I had an HI-like inclination towards surveys.... I am sure that it would reveal that a disproportionate number of downers don't tan. We have an awful lot of redheads and the two rarely combine and a number of our brunettes are of the pale and interesting variety. I wonder if it because a pale complexion is generally regarded more positively in Tolkien than in the outside world or just that we spent more time inside reading....

As for Child of the West .....as well as Gwaihir's song, Bilbo is described as thus by Thorin on his death bed " There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. " Another lovely choice

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote