View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 08:35 AM   #16
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Y'all should trust your Barrow-Wight!

I have not been missed being here half as much as I should like to have missed being here! I've been in and out of the hospital, and will be back in again Monday. Perhaps a week thereafter, I will have time during recovery to visit for a spell.

Springhill Medical ain't Imladris, and Dr. Scott ain't Elrond, but my ailments should be healed by then.

Divertuculae necessitating a bowel resection. It could have been worse, but Providentially I was taken to the right emergency room on a day when only one hospital was doing surgeries down here in the South Farthing. Furthermore, my brother (a scrub tech) was on duty to make sure that I got the best surgeon. A day later or a different hospital or surgeon would have resulted in a colostomy! (Do not tell the young ones this story except in the bright morning sun, lest they faint from fear!)

I've been writing/directing/playing in church dramas. My hair is long again and I can play Jesus.

I've enjoyed the FOTR Extended DVD and cannot wait for THE TWO TOWERS.

I notice that a few more, by and by, have read THE HOBBITS down in the Fan Fiction Section. It would do my heart (if not my intestines) good to see a few more reviews when I get back!