View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #243
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
You can't simply disregard what can be gained by reading the things that people say, either. I simply do not understand why you're doing so, and saying that we should do the same.
I'm not telling you to disregard what people say! By all means, try to gain a feel for people. I'm certainly doing it. I'm simply saying don't criticize others for not voting in the same manner as you on a day when it doesn't really make a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Now, if you're a SoE and you've been hatching plans for various ways to influence the rep voting I'm sure it makes you downright livid when some misbehaving orc votes before you've had the chance to work your charms on them. Well sorry, but that's just tough luck for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Now you're chainsawing, Phantom. Come on.
*snicker*
I did that on purpose, laddie. Poking the beehive, so to speak, just to see what reactions I got (outrage or glossing over or ignoring etc). A part of me is truly curious if any of the attackers of those ladies are truly of that mindset, but I'm fully aware odds are it isn't the case with most.

Oh, and just because I am evil, here is a quote from me at the very beginning of the last voting republic style game we did with Fea-
Quote:
Originally Posted by me, WW LIII
I bet if we made a list of suspects right now, before anyone has even started talking, we'd be just as accurate as we would be at sundown.

Encouraging thought, yes?
To which you replied-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta, WW LIII
More like pessimistic thought, but sadly you're probably correct.
See? You used to agree with me about this sort of thing.

And Folwren, m'dear, you actually proved my points quite nicely when you were talking about Mira.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Chances are, she was acting flippantly, like most people do on day one, and was running with Phantom's joke. If it had not been for the fact that the discussion about Phantom's voters had been going on all day, her vote would have been perfectly acceptable as a first day sort of jokingness.
Thank you!! This has been my entire point all along, Fol! You just said most people act flippantly on Day 1, and you also said that Day 1 joke votes are perfectly acceptable!

That's what I've been arguing the whole time! That this sort of thing is just fine within the scope of Werewolfing and is usually not treated so seriously by so many people! So, there now people. Now that you've seen someone on your side admit to my entire premise (two people actually if you count Shasta from last game), are you able to see where I'm coming from here?

Now I'm just left wondering- are so many people having the same unusual reaction to this due to some sort of plan, or is it simply the lemming effect that is quite common in these contests?