View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #353
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What are the lions (and bear) trying to gain from their kills at this point in the game? There is no seer to try to find. Rangers are difficult to catch until after they've revealed, so the lions could only have tried to spot general "gifted vibes" which might have also pointed to a hunter (who they probably don't want to kill at this point) or a lover (who they also probably don't want to kill, since they've been benefiting from the second Night-kill thus far. So would they try to kill people who are giving off gifted vibes? I don't know that the risks are worth the reward of killing the Ranger, especially not with the second Night-kill lessening the impact of a successful Ranger-save.

The lions are also not killing people who are suspecting them. That would be a giant neon sign pointing directly at them. So what are their options at this point? They could either try to frame someone - kill someone who heavily suspected another innocent and try to get that innocent lynched because of it - or they could be killing people who have not said much about them and are about as much of a no-trace kill as you can get at this point in the game. This would be an especially helpful strategy if they had not fallen under suspicion yet, and wanted to keep their heads down and wait for the village to trim itself down further. I would suspect that that's what happened with Volo and Nerwen, which would mean that Zil is probably not a lion or a lover after all and that Lommy, Kit, and Rikae are also not lovers.

Of course, that's assuming the lions (and bear) are trying to keep their heads down, which might be a completely wrong guess. But if Volo was killed in an attempt to kill the suspicion against Zil, there were plenty of other people who had been more vocal in their distrust of him and who would have served that purpose better. As for the people Nerwen suspected, only Kit had really been suspected by anyone else, and in Kit's case, Nog or Lommy both suspected her more vocally than [b]Nerwen[b] had, so that doesn't really work either. I would guess that Volo did not suspect any lions and that Nerwen did not suspect the bear or his lover.

EDIT: xed since Boro