Thread: Itaril
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #167
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30 View Post
Actually, skimming back through this thread I find "rabid" a rather apt description. I was hoping that movie makers would read the Barrow-Downs for good ideas but I confess I would be quite embarassed to find that PJ had read this thread. The old pre-LOTR-movie threads had plenty of healthy debate about what the movies might hold, but there was little venom involved, unlike this thread which consists mostly of venom.

This discussion is not up to Down's standards at all.
I think that there is a bit of venom, but more disappointment and skepticism. Personally, I have been able to take the films with a grain of salt and enjoy them for what they got right and understand that the changes are just PJs vision (which I happen to disagree with on some points). And while this particular thread has drawn some of the more bitter perspectives to the forefront, I would say that "rabid" is still an ill-chosen adjectives. Even if it was accurate (which I still contest) from a PR perspective it sort of defeats the purpose of the interview, which was to make the so-called "rabid" fans more receptive to the character of Tauriel/Itaril.