Thread: LotR2-TTT-Seq04
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
About the Orcs:Now, the orcs are not setting camp for the night... the 'guys' from Lugbúrz need 'a breather' and so big-mean Uruk-Hai orders a fire to be made. Then one of the Uruk-Hai does complain about the food but his comment is quickly taken up by the 'lesser' Lugbúrz orcs who quickly loose their heads about it (one of them quite literally). We never get a chance to see if they meant to camp for the night because soon enough the Riders come in.
It looks like a 'camp' to me, and I have no problem with that, but it seems to soften the killers a bit. Halting for a breather is one thing, but suggestions of a camp makes the orcs appear more ordered and ordinary.

And to me there looks to be three types of orcs in the group (though not in the 'running' shot). Moria, Orthanc and Mordor?

Quote:
I agree that he is out of character with Book Gimli (even Tolkien's dwarves as a whole).... yet he is definetly in character with Movie Gimli. So I agree and disagree with you. I find this mis-interpretation (whether intentional or not) of Book Gimli annoying, yet PJ is consistent with it.
I agree that Book-Gimli is not Flick-Gimli, yet I would disagree that PJ is consistent with the character. Compare Gimli in the boat with Legolas as the Dwarf reflects on the Queen's gift with the running dwarf jokes. Where I think that PJ is consistent is in the downward trend for this character (with the exception of one scene, which I will note when it appears).

Quote:
You are right, he seems to be giving him a hard look when he talks about the spies... in his defense, Book Eomer seemed to be weary of Elves, or at least of Galadriel (whom if I'm not mistaken she calls a witch). Maybe this is PJ's way of showing so?
Nice observation, but his conversion from foe to friend is a bit fast, and so why include the thought? Is PJ trying to squeeze more stuff in than time warrants? I have some scenes that he could cut that would allow for more time...