View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Eldy, you wouldn't happened to have been there the first weekend of April? A handful of us were able to get together and see the exhibit in NYC a few weeks ago. If you haven't gone yet, I'd definitely recommend it.

Zigur, I felt the same about the no photography, because despite it being small, there was a lot on display! (for Bethberry's question in the I met a fellow BDer thread, I do vaguely recall seeing Tolkien's diary). The art and hand drawn maps were a treat, because I always had this idea of Tolkien being a great story-teller, but to personally see his art work, calligraphy, and cartography was a different experience for me.

I got a laugh from the one Beleriand map where Tolkien had hand drawn trees for Brethil and Taur-im-Duinath, but for Doriath, just wrote DORIATH. It's like he got tired of drawing trees, because the one place in Beleriand you expect a forest, he drew no trees.