View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 12:07 PM   #29
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I loved it. I saw it yesterday afternoon, and it was worth every single second of extra footage. I really wish they'd kept it all; I mean, if people stayed in the theatre for three hours, would another half-hour have killed them? But that's just me, I would've stayed for another six to see the whole trilogy all at once. <P>I loved Frodo's line when they were leaving Rivendell: "Mordor, Gandalf...left or right?" LoL!!!<P>I agree with what's been said about Boromir's actions at the Council (though I'm delighted that they left in Gandalf reciting the Ring poem in the Black Tongue, and they did it so well), and also about the "ear-mining." It just didn't work for me. It made Hobbits look stupid. Bilbo and Frodo were <I>unusual</I> Hobbits, but not because they were the only ones with any sense. (Actually, in everybody else's opinion, because they had a rather marked lack of it.) I was also thrilled that they kept Gandalf's rather snippy "knock on the doors with your head" response to Pippin outside of Moria. It almost makes up for them tossing Gandalf's line, "If you do not let me in, Frodo Baggins, I shall blow your door straight down your hole and out through the Hill." Heh.<P>~*~Orual~*~