View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 02:43 AM   #9
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Garm warned Giles of the danger - but when it came down to going with him, he slunk away if he had the chance. When Garm did accompany Giles, it was only because he was ordered to do so. I think that's why Tolkien claimed in the earlier version of the story that the mare, who stood her ground in the face of the dragon, was the true hero of the story.

Good point, Holby! If there is anything to be learned from the sidekicks, perhaps it's that they must be friends to the heroes, not necessarily heroic themselves.

Guinevere, Shrek the Third is fun to see, even if it no longer has the charm of novelty that the first movie (perhaps the second too) had. And yes, I got a good deal of positive reaction to my lecture, so it was worth the effort!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote