View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #908
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
When Boromir and Macalaure were their respective ducks and geese, it became a full contact sport!
Hahaha, right? When it was all the kids, I was careful not to sprint around and in some way accidentally run them over. When it was Mac, I didn't care, it became full speed, contact, sliding, diving, and tackling.

Now, where to begin? Plane arrived early, I think I sent a message to Nienna like "Where are you? *sad face*" But I didn't have to wait longer than 5 minutes. In Boston Mira first greeted me with a "Stop being a *beep*, carry my bag." In Ithaca, it was a solid hug, and a "You smell good." The vast difference was slightly disturbing.

I passed out for a bit, until Fea stopped to put on sun screen and then decide I should open my birthday present (my guesses at were epic fails). But who could have guessed Mr. Bacon vs. Monsieur Tofu action figures? I'm very fickle, one of the best presents of recent memory. I was legit like a 5 year old getting a new bike. I think it made Fea, Nienna, and Mira giggle but nauseated at the same time.

We arrive at Mac and Rikae's, my first comment heading around the corner was, "I hope it's not that ugly lime green house." All the artsy students in the truck yell THAT'S NOT LIME GREEN! IT'S PISTACIO!" It wasn't the pistacio [lime] green house though, it was the beautiful blue house across the street.

There's that first week period when student teaching that the kids are curious, but too nervous, as to the new person sitting at the teacher's desk watching everyone. I was the "new boy" and the girls curiousity overtook their nerves within an hour. They began putting all kinds of leaves on my head that supposedly described my personality. The descriptors I received over the weekend: evil, awkward, ugly, smelly, lazy, armpit, pickle. Oh and the combinations they would come up with. Favorite was probably "awkward ugly armpit pickle." I tried to convince them I was 40 and thus completely unfun, but they weren't buying it.

The teasing never became too much, it was all in good fun, and it clearly meant I was accepted and liked by this caring and lovable family. (As confirmed by the oldest one, who apparently told Fea, that I allowed them to steal my things and beat up on me. Two things that are rather common in all my relationships with girls ). It truly was a joy, at times it made me think about having kids myself...and then one of them would splash me with water.

More to come...like the Finns and receiving another fabulous gift, via Agan. My right arm being swollen from nationalistic mosquitos, and the most humorous tan lines you will ever see. Oh, can't forget getting through Canada with no passport, and the journey back into the US, either.

Last edited by Boromir88; 06-25-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote