Thread: An odd picture
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 02:56 PM   #7
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>If she was facing the Witchking I'd think that everything would be darker and she'd look much more grim and determind. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Actually, much of the literature and accounts of warriors in battle have them charging with great big smiles on their faces, even more so than when normally happy. Perhaps she is speaking in defiance to the Witch King, smiling because she has duped him and is now about to meet her death in battle (as she believes). If indeed she is so close to her longed-for destiny, I would think a great big smile to be absolutely appropriate . I think it is apt and observant of Miranda to don such an expression as that when engaged in the heat of conflict. Far from the stereotypical "grim warrior," the rush of battle would evoke the same response in me, IMO, especially if I had been shut up for ages, longing for it. Go Eowyn!<BR>(If it is indeed a production shot and not the confrontation with the Witch King, well, then...who knows? ) <P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta<P>P.S. I am rather amused by the open-mouthed sequence of Legolas shots below that, though! I ache to add a caption to one, complete with operatic lyrics...heh heh! <p>[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote