Thread: A new Downer
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #53
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

I'm back.

Well I have a thousand and one things to do and am verrry tired, but my first task shall be to come on here. We came home yesterday evening. Davem said he'd do the through the night thing last night and is now in a sate of severe shock - I'd already done four nights of this in the hospital so I was quite happy to give him a turn but the little tyke decided to give him the run around and not induct him in lightly. Meh.

It's quite funny how quickly you fall into casual talk of sore bums and the colour of poop. Saying "What has it got in it's pocketses?" adds amusement to the task... I'm quite taken with the concept of modern medicine as the hospital team did a great job and despite still walking around at little old lady pace and whining when I climb the stairs as I can feel the stitches pulling, I was up and on my feet within 12 hours of the event. There's nothing to be scared of really, painkillers are excellent these days and then afterwards nature shows you what to do.

Now I need to look up what Middle-earth events took place on his birthday - off the top of me head, I think this was when Frodo was fleeing to Rivendell wasn't it?