View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #178
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radagastly
Still, I am hopeful that this is a sign that P. J. will direct The Hobbit, if anyone does. I hope they can get it done before Ian McKellan dies. He's getting up there. It wouldn't be the same with someone else as Gandalf.
Whoa, before he dies? Yeesh. McKellan is 68 and as far as I know, in good health. While 68 is certainly not young, I wouldn't exactly call that old...especially not to the point where he's ready to croak.

It seems to me that Shaye is a bit embarrassed about his comments about Jackson after seeing how many are backing PJ up. Not to mention, I'm sure he's realising how much New Line could use another hit after all these flops over the past year (though I really am hoping The Golden Compass is good and successful).

I find it rather funny how much imdb.com jumps ahead on movies that have yet to be made. For The Hobbit, Sam Raimi is listed as the director (though they admit it's not confirmed), and the scheduled release date is December 1, 2009. Now I don't care what anyone says, but there is no way that the film could be completed by then...especially since they aren't anywhere close to even starting. If we must speculate on a date, I would say if they can decide on a director within the next year, somewhere between 2011-2013...if the film is made as carefully as LotR. But that's just my guess...